2 Day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island tour via Mornington & Bellarine Peninsula
Combine two of Australia’s most iconic destinations on this ultimate discovery of Victoria’s breathtaking, rugged coastline. See the spectacular Great Ocean Road and world renowned 12 Apostles, the famous penguin parade on Phillip Island and plenty of scenery on this two day tour.
- Friendly informative tour guide
- All Park Entrance fees
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation ( dorm or double room)
- Courtesy pick up from most hotels and hostels in the City and St Kilda
“This tour is a great way to spend 2 days on the Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island plus experiencing the Mornington Peninsula with an array of awesome sights and activities such as the 12 Apostles and the world famous Phillip Island penguin parade” –Paul – One Stop Adventures Travel Expert
*Private rooms are available on request, us the live chat to check availability*
- Travel through Victoria’s second largest city Geelong and Victoria’s prime agricultural land
- See the spectacular 12 Apostles and hear the tragic story of the Loch Ard shipwreck at Loch Ard Gorge
- Take in the luscious surrounds of the Otway Rainforest
- Look for koalas and native birds in the wild
- See the coastal townships of Apollo Bay and Lorne
- Enjoy the stunning coastal views and feel the sand between your toes
- Overnight stay on the Bellarine Peninsula
- Catch the morning ferry from picturesque Queenscliff to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula
- See the famous Bathing Boxes at Portsea and the amazing views from Murrays Lookout
- Encounter Australia’s wildlife at Moonlit Sanctuary see wombats, koalas, kangaroos, dingos & much more
- See the famous Woolamai Surf Beach!
- Seal Rocks and the Nobbies – Stroll along the boardwalk and enjoy the spectacular views
- Watch the famous penguin parade as hundreds of little penguins make their way across the beach and go home for the night
Day 1 (Dinner)
Depart Melbourne early morning, travelling inland through Victoria’s second largest city, Geelong and Victoria’s prime agricultural land known as the Western district. Morning tea stop in Colac before commencing the journey south. At Port Campbell we start our trip along the Great Ocean Road with one of the most recognized photo opportunities of them all, the iconic 12 Apostles.
Next up, we hear the tragic story of the Loch Ard at the spectacular Loch Ard Gorge, before continuing on through the luscious Otway Ranges and rainforest and see some of the tallest eucalyptus trees in Australia.
Continue on through the coastal townships of Apollo Bay and Lorne. Along the way there are plenty of stops to take in the breathtaking views and spot the local wildlife including koalas and kangaroos before staying overnight on the Eastern end of the Great Ocean Road.
Day 2 (Breakfast)
Early morning transfer to the ferry for our memorable ride across Port Phillip Bay from Queenscliff to Sorrento on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula. Visit the seaside town of Portsea with its famous coloured bathing boxes and enjoy the amazing views from Murrays lookout before heading towards Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park.
Get up close and personal with the friendly residents, hand feed kangaroos and wallabies, have your photo taken with a koala (optional) and learn about the conservation of these loveable native animals.
From there travel to Phillip Island where you see the Nobbies, Seal Rocks and the famous Woolamai Surf Beach before travelling on to Summerland beach for the nightly penguin parade. Home to Victoria’s largest colony of little penguins, Summerland beach provides a spectacular backdrop to the world famous penguin parade.
Watch as hundreds of little penguins make their way across the beach and go home for the night. Come and enjoy the beauty and native wildlife and make this a journey to remember.
Departs: between 6:30am and 7:15am from Melbourne cbd and St Kilda accommodation.
Returns: between 9pm and midnight (depending on time of year)
*Private rooms are available on request, use the live chat to check availability*
**Those Travelling with Children will need to stay in a private room**
What you need to bring: Water, hat, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, warm and cool clothing, flashlight, toiletries, rain jacket, camera, towel, insect repellent, and a sense of adventure!
Luggage restrictions: 5 kg max (Day Bag, enough for 2 days 1 night.)