Which one is
right for me?
Which is the best bus pass for the East Coast of Australia?
When looking for the cheapest way to travel the east coast of Australia, a bus pass is a great option though it is important you are aware of the differences between the companies that offer East Coast Hop On Hop Off Bus Passes.
There are 3 companies offering hop on hop off options Greyhound, Premier or Stray.
Here is some information to help you choose the right one for you!
Greyhound Bus Australia
Greyhound is probably the most well-known bus company in Australia with the largest network and routes available. Greyhound have nice modern coaches with air conditioning, reclining seats, Wi-Fi and usb charging ports which can come in handy for charging your phone, laptop or music device should you wish to keep your sanity on those long bus journeys from destination to destination.
- Greyhound now offers WHIMit Bus passes where you have the option of Unlimited Travel on the network which means for the duration of the pass you choose you can travel back and forth anywhere in Australia so they are great value for money and offer the flexibility for what travellers need these days.
- Greyhound also offer Hop on Hop off up to 90 days (upgrade to 6 months for $30).
• Up to 3 departures a day
• Stops at all the places you want to visit on the East Coast
• Newer Luxury coaches with Wi-Fi and Usb Charging Ports
• Overnight Bus can be utilised to save on accommodation while traveling on selected routes
Premier Motor Service Australia
Premier Motor Service is ultimately the cheapest way to travel the east coast from Sydney to Cairns or in reverse. Premier coaches are a little bit older but still get you to your destination. The biggest thing with Premier to remember is that it only has one departure a day going through each destination which means that missing your bus can be a costly affair! So remember to arrive around 20 minutes before departure to save any disappointment.
- One departure a day, some departures are painful times (such as Coffs Harbour which is a 3 am)
• Does not go to 1770, stops at the turn off and some hostels will come and pick up at midnight/1am for $15 each way
• Older busses
• Will get you from A to B
• The cheapest option
Stray is your fully guided hop on hop off experience up the East Coast. When travelling with Stray you’ll get to visit unique locations you never would have gone to yourself as well as all the favourite East Coast hot spots. You’ll travel by Bus, Kayak, Inflatable tube and train up the coast! Stray is relatively new and departures are 3 times a week minimum, you can expect this to increase as Stray becomes more popular.
- Passes are valid for up to 12 months
• Activities included: wine tasting, walks, swimming holes, wildlife centres, tubing, kayaking and even a surfing lesson.
• Fully trained Guide/Drivers
• Guides are with you all the way
• Departs Minimum 3 times a week
• Hang out with the locals
Made a decision?
Book your bus pass!
If you have anymore questions regarding the different options you can use the live chat to chat to us during Aussie Business hours or email us at email@example.com.