Who’s Who and What This Privacy Notice Covers
Let’s talk first about who we are at One Stop Adventures, what we do, and what this Privacy Notice covers. We are an online travel agency behind a variety of tours, transport and accommodation providers and other services designed to allow to customers to search and book the quality experiences in a secure online booking system.
- www.onestopadventures.com.au offers the user the opportunity to browse and book a variety of tours, transport and accommodation providers and other services.
To keep things simple, in this Privacy Notice we’ll refer to the users of the services we provide through these products and services–such as a travellers or any customers using www.onestopadventures.com.au as our “Users,” We put together this Privacy Notice to help our Users understand the information we collect about them while visiting and what happens to their data once they visit www.onestopadventures.com.au
Your privacy is critically important to us. At One Stop Adventures, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our websites (including onestopadventures.com.au , www.onestopcampervanrentals.com.au , www.onestopcarrentals.com.au , www.onestopcars.com.au , www.onestopcampers.com.au );
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Information:We ask for basic information like your name, address, email, contact phone number, date of birth(* only for select tours) and pick up location from you in order to confirm a booking with a supplier.
- Transaction and Billing Information:If you buy something from us– a tour, tour package, accommodation, bus pass or ticket, deposit for a camper van or car rental – you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Content Information:Depending on the if you wish to leave a review on our website or Facebook, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content in a blog form. For example, if you write a blog post that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Communications With Us (Hi There!):You may also provide us information when you are using our live chat, email, phone communication channels.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information:Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you are on live chat using the Zendesk system.
- Usage Information:We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, what products you may have been looking at whilst browsing online, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information:We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them use our website more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyse how many individuals purchased a tour after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of and others One Stop Adventures which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by One Stop Adventures and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on One Stop Adventures and our products; and
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests:We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about onestopadventures.com.au users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others:We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of One Stop Adventures, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent:We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction for Eg. Social Media posts.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information:We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
When purchasing from One Stop Adventures your financial details are passed through a secure server (Geo Trust) using a 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, products to be booked.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device:Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications:You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your upcoming tour or car or camper van booking.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
Kangaroo Kiwi Travel Pty Ltd t/as One Stop Adventures are based at Level 1, 387 Little Bourke St, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000. Please contact us at email@example.com
How to Reach Us
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Software
Please note we do use third party software from Wholesalers to connect your bookings to the reservation systems of suppliers that we use, upon request we can supply their privacy policies should you wish to see them.
That’s it! Thanks for reading.