Wilsons Promontory National Park Day Trip
‘The Prom”, or Wilsons Promontory, is one of Victoria’s best-kept secrets. Situated on the southern most point of mainland Australia, the prom is truly one of the most beautiful spots in the state and makes for a great day tour!
Wilsons Promontory is home to 50% of Australia’s birdlife and there are more kangaroos, emu’s and wombats than you can poke a stick at.
Best explored on foot, the prom offers lots of opportunity for walks on spectacular tracks and through temperate rainforest settings. You’ll be amazed by the panoramic views and love the singing sands of “Squeaky Beach”.
- All park entrance fees
- Friendly informative tour guide
“Wilsons Promontory is one of the most beautiful spots in Victoria. It’s definitely worth the visit and you won’t be disappointed! ” Liz – One Stop Adventures Travel Expert
- Stunning wildlife – kangaroos, emus, wombats and 50% off Australia's birdlife
- Walk through the coastal rainforest
- Bushwalking – enjoy some beautiful view points as you explore the national park
- Hike through some spectacular tracks such as Vereker Outlook or Mt Bishop
- Be entertained by the singing sands at Squeaky Beach as you make your way to Tidal River
- See giant granite rock formations
- 3-4 hours of bushwalking/sightseeing
Depart Melbourne between 7:00am - 8:00am and head out to Wilsons Promontory.
Upon arrival at Wilsons Promontory, you will be guided through all the best walking and hiking spots, taken to Squeaky Beach and Giant Rock and go wildlife spotting.
Reach the most southern region of mainland Australia
Wildlife: See the Proms’ diverse native wildlife including wombats, emus, kangaroos and more!
Bush walking: Enjoy an amazing experience hiking and be astounded by some of Victoria’s best vistas on this bushwalking adventure!
Hike through some of the spectacular tracks such as Mt Bishop, Vereker Outlook or Pillar Point (easy – medium graded walks).
Squeaky Beach: Be entertained by the pure white quartz ‘singing sands’.
Breathtaking coastal views Soak up the spectacular scenery, where the mountains meet the ocean.
Giant Rock: See the giant granite formations!
After an amazing day at the prom, it's back to Melbourne arriving in the city around 8:30pm.
Departs: Monday, Friday and Sunday
What to bring:
- Appropriate shoes for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Water bottle