3 day 2 Nights Dry Season Kakadu and Litchfield Expedition!
Transport:All Terrain VehicleDifficulty:ChallengingAccom:Permanent TentsDuration:3 days, 2 nightsFood:All MealsGuided?:FullyDeparts:Between 6:00am -7:00amReturns:Day 3 Approx 5:30pm
Kakadu is a massive National Park waiting for you to come and explore. It’s roughly the same size as Slovenia, so there’s heaps to see! Litchfield is home to massive termite mounds and beautiful waterfalls and streams. Make sure you see as much as you can on a 4WD tour!
Cruise on the Adelaide River with the jumping crocs and other native wildlife. Enjoy and swim in spectacular waterfalls, you’ll visit Gunlom, Barramundi Gorge, learn about local Aboriginal culture and marvel at the spectacular views from Ubirr Rock.
You’ll head back to Darwin after your tour knowing you’ve witnessed two truly spectacular national parks!
- Friendly, informative guide
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Camping equipment
“Kakadu is an absolutely massive place so taking the time to do a 3 day 2 night tour is highly recommended. Doing a four-wheel-drive tour allows you access to the best spots and allows you to travel in comfort.” – Liz – One Stop Adventures Travel Expert
- Learn about Aboriginal Culture
- Swim in amazing natural waterholes including Maguk
- Visit Gunlom Falls
- The amazing Kakadu National Park
- Stunning views at Ubirr Rock
- More amazing waterfalls and swimming at Litchfield National Park
- Boat trip spotting crocodiles in the Mary River Wetlands
3 day Kakadu/Litchfield Tour (May to October)
Day 1 - Kakadu
Pick up at 7am from you nominated accommodation.
We start our Kakadu tour by heading towards Kakadu to join a wildlife cruise on Corroborree Billabong. This is a great opportunity to get fantastic photos of the local wildlife.
- After the cruise, we commence our drive toward Kakadu National Park.
- Stop & enjoy a picnic lunch on the East Alligator River bank with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes!
- Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplain and Arnhemland.
Tonight we camp at our exclusive safari camp at Mardugal Billabong within the National Park.
Dinner tonight is an Aussie BBQ with a tasty plate of croc, buffalo and kangaroo
Meals: Lunch & dinner
Day 2 - Kakadu
Early to rise for a big day of spectacular waterfalls and some great walks!
Hike to Maguk, aka Barramundi Gorge, a pristine plunge pool for a refreshing swim.
Hike to Gunlom Falls for a refreshing swim in nature's best infinity pool! Admire the views as you relax in the water.
From here we head to our camp near the Kakadu border.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3 - Litchfield
Up early again to head to Litchfield National Park.
First stop is Wangi Falls for a swim in its beautiful natural plunge pool.
We then visit Tolmer Falls with its spectacular views over Litchfield National Park before making our way to relax at Buley Rockhole’s. Enjoy a picnic lunch and then head onto Florence Falls for a cool swim.
On our way back to Darwin we get the opportunity to explore Giant Cathedral Termite and Magnetic Termite mounds
Return to Darwin approximately 5.30pm
Meals: Breakfast & lunch
Price does not include Kakadu National Park ticket which payable on the day of your tour.
April - May $25 per person
June - August $40 per person
What to bring:
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat & sunscreen
- Towel & toiletries
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
Sleeping bag hire available for $20