Greyhound Sydney to Cairns Hop on Hop off Bus Pass
Greyhound makes it easy for you to have an amazing time on the East Coast of Australia. With up to 3 departures a day, Wifi and USB Charging ports onboard, as well as a fleet of new coaches, Greyhound will get you where you’re going in style and comfort.
The hop on hop off passes gives you 3 months of one way travel between your selected destinations with the option of extending your pass to 6 months. It couldn’t be easier to get where you want to go; when you purchase a Greyhound bus pass you can be sure you’ll be picked up and dropped off at the most popular tourist hot spots between Sydney and Cairns, such as Whitsundays, Fraser Island and Surfer’s Paradise.
The Greyhound hop on hop off is Australia’s most widely used transport options, offering unbeatable service and reliability.
- Bus pass valid for 3 months – Greyhound hop on hop off travel from Sydney to Cairns.
***Once you have purchased your pass One Stop adventures will send you your Login Details by email***
“Greyhound is a great option for the budget conscious traveller that likes a bit of comfort. There’s Wi-fi and USB charging onboard their fleet of newer modern coaches and they have up to 3 or more departures a day stopping everywhere you could possibly want on the East Coast.” – Cameron – One Stop Adventures Travel Expert
Features of the Greyhound Bus Pass
- Hop On Hop Off at your leisure Between Sydney and Cairns
- Wifi and Usb Charging ports on board*
- Valid for 90 days
- Extend another 90 Days Travel for $50(payable to Greyhound)
- Great for Short Trips
GENERAL TERMS OF CONTRACT
The Conditions of the agreement between Greyhound Australia Pty Ltd (Greyhound) or any of its partners and subsidiaries and the passenger and purchaser of this ticket are set out below.
Bookings must be made in advance otherwise seats may not be available. If the booking has not been paid and ticketed within 24 hours of scheduled departure, Greyhound Australia may cancel the booking. Passengers with ticketed bookings may change their travel itinerary or ‘open date’ their ticket up to the scheduled service departure time.
All fares (express and pass) are subject to change without prior notice.
Passengers are advised to be at departure point at least 20 minutes before the departure time.
Baggage includes all items which accompany a passenger whilst aboard a Greyhound vehicle, either within the baggage storage bins or carried on board by the passenger. The total amount of baggage entitlement per person is two pieces (excluding carry-on baggage). The passenger must pay $10 for each additional piece of baggage up to a maximum of three items. Anyone wishing to carry more than 5 items should be referred to the Freight Department and relevant fees will apply. No items are to be more than 20kg or 2m in any dimension. For all Coach Travel Pass holders, excess luggage will be charged at a rate of 10% of the Travel Pass Value. This will remain valid for the duration of the Pass.
If accompanied by a travelling passenger the following items will be charged as outlined below regardless of how much luggage is checked in;
- Surfboard - $15 (up to 2m length & packed in damage absorbent material)
- Pushbike Assembled - $49
- Pushbike Disassembled - $25
- Pushbike (Boxed) - $25
- Non standard items of baggage may be charged at rates determined by Greyhound at its own discretion.
Items that are considered to be 'standard' baggage include (but are not limited to):
- Boogie Board
- Snow Board
- Golf Clubs/Bag
- Golf Buggy (separate from Bag)
Prams and Wheel Chairs will be carried Free of Charge regardless of how much luggage is checked in.
The above fees are to be charged for the entire journey not for each sector. Surfboards, surf-skis and sailboards must be packed well in damage absorbent material and will have a maximum length of 2 metres; any items greater than this will not be transported. Disassembled pushbikes must have the front wheel off and taped to the frame, pedals removed, chain removed or covered. No items over 2m in any dimension or 20kgs will be carried.
All baggage, including carry on baggage, is the sole responsibility of the passenger as Greyhound Australia accepts no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for theft, loss or damage to any passenger’s baggage, whilst in a Greyhound terminal, on a Greyhound vehicle, in transit or otherwise in Greyhound Australia’s possession or control, whether caused by Greyhound Australia’s negligence, recklessness, wilful misconduct or otherwise. Passengers are advised to remove all carry-on baggage while disembarking at meal, rest and other stops. Carry-on baggage is any item carried aboard a coach by a passenger and includes, but is not limited to, hand bags, clothing, books, magazines, electrical equipment and components, cash, credit cards, art work, passports, jewellery, antiques and valuable items.
Any baggage that is left aboard a Greyhound vehicle or in a Greyhound terminal will be carried to a central point and stored at the owner’s risk for no more than 3 months. An administration fee of $25 will apply for the return of lost baggage and any freight expenses incurred in the return of lost baggage will be incurred at the owner’s expense.
*WIFI & USB CHARGING AVAILABILITY
Greyhound Australia will endeavour to provide access to WiFi and USB Charging on specified services. The speed and reliability of WiFi and USB Charging depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- the capability of devices connecting to WiFi and USB Charging;
- the availability of the telecommunications network providing WiFi;
- the physical location of the coach;
- the level of usage of WiFi and USB Charging on each coach;
- signal interference and general internet congestion.
Greyhound Australia does not guarantee that access to WiFi and USB Charging will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible at all times and will not be liable to provide partial or full refunds due to unavailability of WiFi and USB Charging.
Smoking is not permitted aboard Greyhound coaches or in Greyhound Terminals at any time.
MINIMUM DRESS STANDARDS
Greyhound Australia reserves the right to refuse travel to passengers who do not comply with a minimum of dress standards which includes a shirt, shorts/trousers/skirt and footwear.
Passengers must be sufficiently washed and clean prior to boarding the coach. Any passenger with an odour that, in the reasonable opinion of Greyhound Australia, is objectionable to other passengers or staff may be asked to bathe themselves prior to boarding and/or may be required to travel on another service. If this change incurs a fee, it will be borne by the passenger.
DRUG OR ALCOHOL INTOXICATION
Greyhound Australia can refuse to carry, or remove from a service, a passenger who, in the reasonable opinion of Greyhound Australia, is intoxicated by drugs and/or alcohol and who may, or may not, pose a potential threat to themselves, others or property. Any and all additional costs incurred as a result of the refusal to serve, or the removal from the service, will be borne solely by the passenger and that sector of travel on the passenger booking will be deemed to have been travelled.
VIOLENT, DISORDERLY & AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR
Violence, disorderly conduct and aggression will not be tolerated. A person may be asked to leave or refused entry on to coach prior to reaching their destination. If person/s are, in the opinion of staff member/s, violent, disorderly or aggressive towards the coach captain, staff members or fellow passengers, the company reserves the right to refuse travel or to remove a passenger from the service. Such refusal or removal may be enforced for a specified or indefinite period of time, at Greyhound Australia’s discretion. Any and all costs incurred as a result of a refusal to serve, or removal from a service, will be borne solely by the Passenger and that sector of travel on the passenger booking will be deemed to have been travelled.
It is the passenger’s responsibility to disclose to Greyhound Australia any physical or mental condition that may hinder access to, from or while on our coach. Every passenger must be able to board, disembark and move around the coach unaided or with minimal assistance from the Coach Captain. Any passenger who cannot do this unaided must be accompanied by a Personal Assistant/Carer for the duration of the journey. Coach Captains will offer minor assistance for a passenger where required, provided that in doing so they do not bear the majority of the passenger’s weight and do not put themselves at risk of injury. Passengers must also be willing and able to comply with time restrictions and regulations at meal and other stops. A Frequently Asked Questions document for passengers travelling with mobility aids can be downloaded from our website or by contacting Greyhound Australia on 1300 GREYHOUND (1300 473 946).
For passengers with a disability who require an Assistance Dog to travel with them, a certified Assistance Dog can travel with them for free when in the company of the passenger. It is the passenger’s responsibility to disclose to Greyhound Australia if they will have an Assistance Dog travelling with them. Subject to availability, an extra seat will be allocated for the Assistance Dog. If two seats together are not available, the passenger may need to choose another service that has sufficient seats available. The same rights and responsibilities are extended to trainers of Assistance Dogs when the Assistance Dog accompanies them and is in training. A Special Assistance and Needs document for passengers travelling with an Assistance Dog can be downloaded from our website or by contacting Greyhound Australia on 1300 GREYHOUND (1300 473 946).
Greyhound Services maybe cancelled at any time due to unforeseen Operational Circumstances and/or as a result of natural disasters, Eg cyclones, flooding, operational requirements etc. Greyhound Australia cannot be responsible for any costs incurred by passengers as a result of cancelled services. Any/All costs incurred by passengers as a result of cancellations will be borne solely by the Passenger. Affected sectors of passenger bookings will be made open dated for future use and remain valid until used or for 6 months from the date of first purchase, whichever is sooner.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION FEES
Greyhound Australia does not offer refunds if the passenger:
- Fails to board a coach they have booked travel on, or
- Is removed from the service for violent or aggressive behavior or for breaching the standards of behavior expected of our passengers, or
- Has been refused Travel, which is at the discretion of the company, or
- The service cannot operate due to circumstances beyond Greyhound’s control for example Natural Disasters; ie. floods, cyclones, bush fires etc
In addition; no refund is available if the pass;
- has expired, or
- travel has already commenced (ie: the 1st sector of travel has been used on the Pass). Validity Days commences from the 1st date of travel. Sectors of travel are deemed to be 'used' per the same rules as Express bookings above.
- the personal details on the Pass do NOT match the person requesting the Refund.
Cancellation Fee: Eligible refunds will incur a $100 cancellation fee.
Cancellation Fee :
- For Passes purchased, with no travel dates booked, $100 cancellation fee applies
- Once a travel date has been entered for bus travel or included tours, No refund applies
Greyhound Adventure Tours, Experiences & Accommodation:
- Bookings may be changed for another day of travel if arranged directly with the Supplier
- Bookings cancelled more than 7 days prior to travel date – 50% fee
- Bookings cancelled less than 7 days prior to travel date – 100% fee (No refund)
- Bookings failed to load or not notified the supplier of a date change – 100% fee (No refund)
- Refunds will be processed back to the passenger in the same manner the booking was made
- Bookings that are changed and subsequently cancelled will incur 100% cancellation fee and no refund will be provided
- An infant is a child under the age of 3 years.
- An Infant must be accompanied by a Guardian. The guardian must be 18 years of age or older, unless they are a parent of the infant.
- 1 Guardian accompanying 1 Infant must purchase an additional seat at 50% of the Adult Fare
- 1 Guardian can accompany a maximum of 2 Infants. 2nd Infant will be charged 50% of the Adult Fare, and the first infant will travel for free
- Up to 2 Infants can be nursed free of charge if travelling with 2 Fare paying Passengers seated together.
ALL CONDITIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL -
These Terms apply:-
- To journeys designated as express services on the ticket and include those terms to which special attention is drawn on the ticket.
- Where the services are designated as a pass or a package, these terms apply to services provided directly by Greyhound Australia as the operator;
- In all other cases the conditions include, in addition, those set out on the Greyhound Australia brochure for that Product
- Greyhound Australia is not a common carrier and reserves the right to refuse to agree to deal with any person or to carry any luggage or goods without giving any reason.
- Coupons/Vouchers must be given up to Greyhound Australia as required to enable the holder to enter or remain on the coach operating on the relevant service.
- Greyhound Australia may refuse to allow any person to enter or remain on the coach if, in the opinion of Greyhound Australia the Passenger is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions and/or there is a risk that such passenger or such passenger's luggage may cause disturbance, or may cause distress or discomfort to any other passenger or the driver, or interfere in any way with the safety of the passengers, the Driver, or the coach, or if by reason of the age of the person, it may be undesirable to carry that person otherwise than under the care or supervision of an adult or for any other reason whatsoever.
- Greyhound Australia will not be bound by any additional oral or written terms whether purporting to be part of this agreement or collateral to it.
- Greyhound Australia will endeavour to adhere to stated departure and arrival times but does not promise to adhere to and will not be liable for any failure to meet those times. The passenger must be ready to board the transporting vehicle at least 20 minutes before the advertised departure time and no refund will be allowed if this condition is not complied with.
- If Greyhound Australia is responsible for service delays of two hours or more due to circumstances of our own control eg. breakdowns, flat tyres, accidents, we will offer you a complimentary ticket to the same value of the ticket purchased for the affected journey only.
- Greyhound Australia may substitute any other vehicle for its own vehicle and/or tranship passengers and/or their luggage and these terms shall continue to apply to carriage by such substituted vehicle or transhipment.
- Greyhound Australia shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or consequential upon, directly or indirectly, any abandonment of, delay in departure or delay during any trip howsoever caused.
- Where another operator undertakes any section of any journey it is agreed and understood that Greyhound Australia is acting only as agent for the passenger to arrange such services and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any act or default of that operator.
- In the event of any increase in Greyhound Australia standard charges for any journey covered by this ticket or the costs involved are above those anticipated at the time of issue of this ticket Greyhound Australia may increase the total price of the ticket and the passenger named in this ticket and the purchaser of this ticket shall be liable to Greyhound Australia jointly and severally for such increase.
- Notwithstanding the time of departure stated in this ticket, Greyhound Australia may alter its timetables including those applicable to the services provided for in this ticket without notice.
- This ticket entitles the person named on it to occupy one seat on the designated Greyhound Australia coach while that coach travels between the destinations stated in the ticket, but Greyhound Australia does not promise to carry the passenger between those destinations or that the coach will depart at the time stated on the ticket or in its timetables.
- The passenger will comply at all times with the instructions of Greyhound Australia.
- All personal effects (including but not limited to; MP3 Player, CD Discman, Ipods, Cameras, Sunglasses), luggage or other goods are carried by passengers at own risk.
- The purchaser of the ticket and the person named in it warrants that any personal effects, luggage or other goods taken or placed on the coach will not, either directly or indirectly, cause any loss or damage to Greyhound Australia or any other passenger or to any personal effects, luggage or other goods on the coach.
- Passengers exiting the coach for a meal or refreshment break are required to return before the scheduled departure time. A passenger that fails to board the coach by the scheduled departure time will forfeit the remainder of the ticket and will be responsible for all costs incurred by the passenger as a result.
- The Passenger, his luggage and goods are carried entirely at his own risk. Greyhound Australia will not be liable to the passenger or to the person who purchased the ticket for the death, sickness of or any other injury to any Passenger or for any other loss or damage suffered by the passenger whether personal or consequential or otherwise, and although Greyhound Australia may, or may not permit passengers to, bring or place personal effects, luggage or other goods on the coach, Greyhound Australia will not be liable for the loss or theft of or any damage to any personal effects, luggage or other goods referred to in clause 14, and whether or not such consent in writing has been obtained, and in either case whether or not such loss or damage is suffered, or is caused by anything occurring before, after, or in the course of any journey, and whether caused by Greyhound Australia negligence, recklessness, wilful misconduct or otherwise, and whether arising by contract, in tort (including negligence), or otherwise, and the purchaser of this ticket and the passenger jointly and severally agrees to indemnify Greyhound Australia against any liability to any person on whose behalf such travel was booked or such ticket was purchased.
- These conditions of this ticket contain all the terms of the contract between Greyhound Australia and the passenger and the purchaser of the ticket, and no condition, warranty or other term is to be implied, either by statute or otherwise, except to the extent that the operation of these conditions is excluded, restricted or modified by the Trade Practices Act, 1974.
- This agreement is governed by and to be construed in accordance with the law of the State of Queensland. Any proceedings against Greyhound Australia shall be brought in the State of Queensland.
- In these conditions of travel "Greyhound Australia" or "Greyhound" shall include Greyhound Australia Pty Ltd and subsidiary companies, its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors to the intent that Greyhound Australia issues this ticket for itself as agent for its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors, and these conditions operate for the benefit of and to exclude liability on the part of not only Greyhound Australia but all its officers, employees, agents and subcontractors.
- These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any provision of any statute, federal or otherwise, (including the Trade Practices Act 1974) where to do so would:
- contravene that statute; or
- cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void.
What exactly are the differences?
- Up to 3 departures a day
- Goes to all the places you want to visit on the East Coast
- Newer luxury coaches with Wifi and Usb Charging Ports*
- Overnight buses can be utilised to save on accommodation while travelling
- 1 departure a day, some departures are at Painful times(such as Coffs harbour which is 3am)
- Does not go to 1770, stops at the Turn off and some hostels will come and pick you up at midnight/1am for $15 each way
- Older buses
- Will get you from A to B
- The cheapest option!
- Fully guided travel up the East Coast in 24 seater mini buses and by train from Noosa to Cairns
- 4 unique location stops along the way!
- Get off the beaten track
- Departs minimum 3 times a week.