Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Day Trip
Have an amazing day exploring one of the most popular spots on the East Coast of Tasmania. Wineglass bay is located in Freycinet national park and is a must do for anyone visiting the great land of Tassie.
Explore beautiful beaches and bays on this awesome day trip.
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides, guided walks & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- CBD Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
- Airport drop off’s on request
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Honeymoon Bay
- Sleepy Bay
- CapeTourville lookout and walk
- Optional longer walks Wineglass Beach or Hazards Circuit
- Friendly Beaches
- Freycinet Marine Farm
- Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
Orford and Swansea. Enjoy a brief stop at Spiky Bridge, a convict built bridge, picturesque Spiky Beach and then on into the National Park.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout where your guide will help you take those sought after photographs and offer you some walking options for the day.
For the keen walkers you can continue the walk down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hr return) or even continue onto the Hazards Beach Circuit (4hrs).
Travel with our guide to explore more of the National Park and visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay and Cape Tourville lookout and short walk.
After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart. With one last coastal gem we stop at Friendly Beaches, a fabulous highlight, as we leave the beaches and bays behind. We have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in sampling the local oysters, mussels or crayfish fresh from the pristine waters.
Last but certainly not least we stop at the very famous Kate’s Berry Farm where Kate is serving up absolutely delicious Berry Ice-creams and other delights, jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies.
We return to Hobart to your accommodation around 7.00pm.
- Meals are not included
- You may bring your lunch with you or there is opportunity to purchase your lunch on the day
What to Bring / Wear
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
- Bring your swim gear in summer to enjoy the crystal clear waters!